Glasgow Road , Paisley PA1 3PA
Telephone: 0141-889 7060
e-mail: Church Office
Scottish Charity No: SC007484
SHERWOOD GREENLAW CHURCH
14th PAISLEY GUIDES
What do Guides do?
Being a Guide is all about learning new skills, making your own decisions and having fun. Guiding provides a safe environment to explore new possibilities and achieve personal goals while making friends and having adventures. And it’s up to each Guide to work out which opportunities are relevant for her, whether it’s improving her football skills, party planning or learning about independent living.
When/where do we meet?
Lower Hall, Sherwood Greenlaw Church, Greenlaw Drive (opposite Paisley Grammar)
Thursday evenings, 7.45 - 9.30
What has our unit done so far this year?
- Made our very own Girl Guiding UK film, in which the guides directed and starred in!
- Participated in an Olympic games night, with events ranging from blanket volleyball to water balloon shot put!
- Played numerous games, including the very messy flour game, and alien monsters!
- Made many crafts, such as hama bead designs and bath bombs!
What’s coming up?
- Halloween Party with a difference!
- Sausage Sizzle
- Our very own Burns supper, complete with haggis, highland dancing and Rabbi Burns!
+ much, much more!!!!
Interested in joining?
A warm welcome will be given to any girl aged between 10 and 14 wanting to come along!
Alison Ford on 07896146324,
Lorna Ferguson on 0141 561 7898
THINKING DAY CHALLENGE 2015/2016
On the 25th of July, four Guides and one leader form the 14th Paisley Guide unit attended PAGGS, an international Guide and Scout camp. They took part in a wide range of activities like pioneering, orienteering, hiking, climbing and archery. As well as this, they went on day trips to Hampton Court, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard to see the ‘Mary Rose’ and to London where they got to see some of the sights. PAGGS gave the girls an opportunity to meet new people from lots of different countries and they all loved the camp.
Guides will start back on the 8th September from 7.45pm – 9.30pm in the Lower Hall. All girls aged 10-14 are welcome.